A refreshing, light, healthy lunch for hot summers days.
- 4 chicken fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 medium red onion
- 150g rocket
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Zest the lemon, squeeze out the juice and combine the two, along with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the chicken fillets into a shallow bowl and pour over the lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Set to one side.
- Peel the orange and grapefruit over a salad bowl, so as not to lose any of the juice.
- Making sure to remove all pips and most of the pith, cut the orange and grapefruit into small pieces. Tip into the salad bowl, again making sure that any juice is also added.
- Peel and chop the onion into small pieces and add to the salad bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and a small amount of salt if desired. Stir.
- Add the rocket and toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Divide the salad between four bowls.
- Remove the chicken fillets from the lemon mixture and grill or griddle until cooked through. Grind fresh black pepper onto each side as you turn them over.
- When the chicken fillets are cooked, place on a warm plate and cut each one into thick slices.
- Place one sliced chicken fillet on top of each bowl of salad and serve immediately.
If you fancy something a litte more substantial, this salad is perfect served with freshly cooked, chunky fries or saute potatoes.
Go Back to Recipes